Position Title: Rigger
Name: Bo Go III Productions Inc.
Min Experience: 2 Years preferred
Job Type: Contract (Approximate start date is April 2009)
3D CG production based in Halifax, Nova Scotia seeks a talented and experienced rigger to join our growing team. Strong working knowledge of Maya required. Studio environment is fast-paced and committed to creating high quality animation. Candidates should thrive as part of a team and take direction well.
- Rig characters as assigned by Lead Rigger.
- Complete assigned rigging tasks in a timely manner.
- Ensure all working files are efficiently organized.
- Follow Lead Riggerâ€™s directions, ensuring rigs created are accurate and effective.
- We prefer artists that have 2 or more years of professional experience working with Maya or other professional animation software, though all talented artists are encouraged to apply.
- Ability to rig different styles of characters using deformable and non-deformable rigging.
- A thorough understanding of constraints and hierarchal constraints.
- A good understanding of forward and inverse kinematics relationships
- Ability to use expressions effetely.
- Knowledge of television production pipeline.
- Capable of working independently as a self-motivated person with time management skills.
- Ability to set an example for all team members by regularly demonstrating strong work ethics, quality of work, teamwork, motivation, and solid leadership.
Candidates MUST be Canadian citizens or already have Landed Immigrant status in Canada.
This opportunity is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia and requires relocating to this city for the duration of the term.
Thank you in advance for your application! Due to the high volume of applications, we only contact those applicants who are short-listed for interviews.
TO APPLY: Please send CV with online demo reel and shot breakdown list as well as a sample of a skinned character (Maya files only) to the following.
Email: [email protected]
Attention: Colleen McGrath